Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Few Things

With all the winter weather hitting the country, I’m thankful for my Jeep Wrangler. There are a lot of great 4WD and AWD vehicles out there but I just love the Jeep. It gets me where I need to go and it has brought me home safe. It’s very basic and somewhat Spartan, but that suits me fine. In a world where there is so little adventure left, the Jeep is a symbol of a time when people did things and did not just play videogames or watch TV. Like classis firearms, the Jeep represents another era. It’s an era that I miss, but feel fortunate to visit when I’m driving the Jeep.

On another note, I see where the next season of TOP Shot is ready to air on cable. After the antics of last season, I think I’ll pass.

The magnificent Smith & Wesson Bone Collector 500 magnum by the S&W performance center is on the market. While I have no use for this revolver myself, I can appreciate its brute power and fine craftsmanship. It dwarfs the mighty Colt Walker and 50 AE caliber Desert Eagle. In that respect, I fear the massive Bone Collector may be too big. I know with my Walker and Desert Eagle, I have to actually have to do some strength training to get the most out of these guns with my ability. Good marksmanship takes more than dollars; it takes training, dedication, and sound fundamentals and technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment