Monday, November 28, 2011

Holidays Are Here!! Part I

I’ll make several wish lists this year! Here’s the first!
I wish that there were more shooting competitions centered on fun and history. Zoot Shooters are a step in the right direction, I’d like to see theme shooting for Victorian era rifles and pistols, World War II era weapons, Cold War era weapons, and Great War era weapons. The emphasis is on fun and not competition. Costume is optional. Original and modern reproduction weapons allowed. These would not be a place for gimmicks, gamesmanship, or tactikoolers. It would be celebrations of old style guns, history, oddball cartridges, camaraderie, and a place for young family members to experience shooting.



I really wish an idea like this could take off, some of the large ranges/clubs could sponsor a themed shoot once a month. Cowboy action clubs would be a natural place to do some of this type of shooting. Just think of the thousands of older military rifles and pistols that activities like this would give a purpose to.
History enjoyment, fun, and guns just go together. I’d like to see more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment