Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shoot out at the James Farm!

Well, I’m living proof that a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while. I managed a second place finish in the cartridge category at the James Farm Frontier Revolver Shoot on April 9th.

This is unusual because I usually find a way to defeat myself by an equipment or ammunition problem. No problems this time and the match ran like a Swiss watch. As nearly as I could tell, all the competitors shot well and had a great time. The range is small and the targets are close, but it’s great fun!

The part I like best is that this all takes place on the farm where Frank and Jesse James learned to shoot and ride. There is literally history everywhere on this place. The museum contains artifacts from the Civil War and outlaw era as well as many personal items of Jesse, Frank, and Zerelda James.

If you’re in Kearney, Missouri the James Farm is well worth the visit. If you want to shoot in one of the matches, look for the notices on this blog or on the James Farm website www.jessejames.org

No comments:

Post a Comment